Tuesday, September 20, 2011

K is for Kitchen

If there was only 1 room in my house that I could use to show my men that I love them... I'd say it would be the kitchen. To me food is love. It's probably why I have weight issues, but nothing makes me feel more complete or loved than someone making me something from scratch... and it's in return how I show those closest to me the same love.

I am constantly on the look out for a new recipe that John would enjoy... and for things that I think the boys will enjoy when they are eating table foods. Tyler hasn't really gotten that far yet, and James has regressed back down to baby foods - so I'm still testing things out on John for the time being.

I've always loved baking and cooking - creating things from a few ingredients into a masterpiece. Its the best part of entertaining for me as well... I love sharing things that I've made with our friends. Food gifts are also something that I find great enjoyment in - and thank God for Pinterest... because the ideas for this year are overflowing!

Cooking has become so much more enjoyable now that I am staying at home with the boys. I am able to enjoy meal planning and cooking during the day instead of trying to fit in into the few minutes that are left at the end of a workday. My recipe search right now centers around crock pot items or things that I can prep during nap time to pop in the oven when the boys are eating their dinner. Our night time routine is pretty rushed from the time they eat until bedtime - so John and I typically don't eat until 8 or so after they are in bed.

Since this is such a huge part of me... I thought that I'd share some of my favorites with you guys:

Breakfast:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Crescent Roll Casserole

Dinner: 
Zucchini Hamburger Casserole
Chicken Pesto Pasta Bake
Slow Cooker Italian Mushroom Chicken
Chicken with Tomatoes, Olives and Orzo
Shepherd's Pie
Beans & Rice
Jamie's Chili
Layered Chili-Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Chicken Spaghetti
Crock Pot Pork Tenderlion
Lazy Chicken

Sides:
Spinach Berry Salad
Fresh Green Beans
John's Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (inspired by Red Lobster)
Pappadeaux Greek Salad
Green Bean Bundles
Crunchy Coleslaw (amazing!!)

Dessert:
Creamy Lime Squares
Mixed Berry Cheesecake
Sopapilla Cheesecake
Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
Chocolate Walnut Tarts
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Memaw's Caramel Iced Cookies
Orange Fluffy

Beverages:
Feaux Mimosa
Awesome Party Punch
Thanksgiving Punch

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way about food. :) I think that is partially why I became so over weight. lol. I LOVE food, probably way more than I should. lol.

    Your recipes sound sooo good!! I will try them when I am off of my liquid diet. :) I will let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I really enjoy getting feedback on my writing!